Judge Franklin D. Rozier, Jr.
- 1967 Graduate of Blackshear High School, Pierce County, Blackshear, Georgia
- All prior education was in the Pierce County Public School System.
- 1971 Graduate of Mercer University, Macon, GA with a BA Degree in History
- 1975 Graduate of John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, GA with a JD Degree
- Attended Law School in Savannah, GA.
- Practice law in Blackshear, GA in a solo practice beginning June 3, 1977 until present time. Practice is of a general nature with focus on litigation, real estate and probate matters.
- Served as Solicitor of the State Court (Prosecutor) of Pierce County, GA for eighteen years beginning January 1, 1980. This was a part-time position, which was done in conjunction with the private practice of law.
- Presently serve as the Judge of the State Court of Pierce County, GA, term began on January 1, 1999. This is a part-time position, which is done in connection with the private practice of law.
- Have served as County Attorney for the governing authority of Pierce County since January 1, 1993 and previous thereto in the 1980’s for three years. This is a part-time position, which is done in connection with the private practice of law.
- Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Georgia, Court of Appeals of Georgia, U. S. Southern District of Georgia, U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, U. S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, U. S. Court of Military Appeals (now Court of Appeals for the Armed Services) and United States Supreme Court.
- Retired from the US Army Reserve as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps.
- Member of First United Methodist Church of Blackshear, GA
- Member of Blackshear Rotary Club and past president